From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #115: Product-specific settings
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 08:07:48 GMT
On 12/21/12, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
> Hi Olemis,

:)

> On 12/20/12 10:26 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 12/19/12, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>   I'll be developing this in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-mq
>>> my
>>>   patch queue @ Bitbucket] in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-
>>>   mq/commits/all/tip/branch(%22t115_product_env%22) branch
>>> t115_product_env]
>>>
>> Today I have submitted new versions of these patches (in branch
>> t115_product_env ) aimed at running tests for Trac environments
>> against product environments .
>
> Great, will take a look.

it's done now , so enjoy !
;)

> One observation though - I noticed that the
> patches are against the trunk,

yep

> any chance of rebasing those patches
> against the multiproduct branch (bep_0003_multiproduct)?

of course . IMO they should work with no or little modifications ...
especially depending on base version (common ancestor) of
bep_0003_multiproduct with respect to trunk . Do you merge changes in
trunk relatively often ?

> Would make the
> patch process much easier.

I think recent changes in trunk should be merged with
bep_0003_multiproduct branch . You'll have to do so in the end I guess
, and there will be some important enhancements for DB models , #333 ,
etc ...

This is what I'll do , I'll create a new branch @ the aforementioned
patch queue repository to perform such rebase *if* that's the way to
go .

>> Important observations :
>>
>>    - Global environment's config object is reused for the moment.
>>      #115 is exactly about adding product-specific settings so I'll
>>      move forward that way .

This is all wrong . I discarded environment inheritance by default to
make Configuration objects more compatible with Trac's

>>    - NotImplementedError raised for DB methods .
[...]
> ;)

jftr , this is still true .

>>    - Product environment will not participate in environment
>>      setup / upgrade

[...]

this is still the case , now documented in BEP 3 .

>> Many enhancements and tests needed . Consider this an early preview
>> with some initial testing code in place ;)
>
> If there's something I can help you with (re #115) just let me know, I
> can pick that up after getting the SQL proxy integrated.

now it's done !
;)

so it is the other way round . What's the next step for multi-product
support ? What shall I do ?

I'll check related open tickets too ... later today .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/