From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccountManagerPlugin
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 03:15:41 GMT
On 1/9/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> [...]
>> >  9. Integrate the PermRedirectPlugin
>> [...]
>>
>> IMO this should be higher in the list , as this will allow us to
>> reduce the number of dependencies in installer scipt .
>

> I discussed this with hasienda briefly and he was against integrating it
> because he felt the plugin was complex, but also well maintained. I'm not
> sure about the former, but I can understand his position on the latter.
> Several of the other plugins on the list were not maintained, so by
> integrating them we can both make sure they work well with
> AccountManagerPlugin and add support for an unsupported plugin. Reducing
> the number of dependencies we have is a good goal though.

understood

>> >  10. Enhance the plugin's macros by integrating the UserStatsMacro and
>> > WikiStatsMacro.
>> >

>> What's the relationship between AccountManagerPlugin and
>> WikiStatsMacro o.O ? I mean at least by the name the later is not
>> related neither with accounts nor with management , but wiki instead .
>> That's what it looks unrelated to me .
>>

> For the most part, WikiStatsMacro provides information about users. There
> is a UserCount macro that gives a count of the number of users in the
> system (required AccountManagerPlugin), and a Stats macro that provides
> wiki edit and attachment counts for each user.

jftr . It is possible to do such thing using TracGViz>=1.4.1 , to be
released soon . So I guess eventually we'll add some samples
illustrating how to get similar things done with that plugin too , and
I'll let you know .
;)

> I agree that it isn't so
> clear how the macro was related to AccountManagerPlugin, but the
> WikiStatsMacro needed to be rewritten due to some poor coding (in
> particular the SQL queries were not DB-agnostic), so hasienda decided to
> just go ahead and make it part of AccountManager. I think this work was
> mostly done, and I've since dropped support for the WikiStatsMacro.

ok, now I know

>> OTOH , these are plugins related to TracGVizPlugin , so it'd be very
>> nice if solutions for both would be implemented in such a way that
>> they could be easily reused as foundations for implementing
>> corresponding GViz data sources .
>>
>> Hopefully you'll hear more about this subject soon .
>>
>> [...]
>>

> I'm not familiar with TracGVizPlugin, but I'll add it to my list of plugins
> to investigate.

If you offer XML-RPC handlers for that then TracGViz will be able to
extract data from there . Indeed , nowadays built-in TracGViz data
sources are designed on top of XmlRpcPlugin's (and ...) RPC handlers

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/