From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0005 modified
Date Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:00:26 GMT
Hi Franco !

I've been enhancing the proposal a bit . Beyond that this is what I
consider outstanding tasks :

  - IMO it'd be helpful to add a sequence diagram
    illustrating the whole upgrade process . I suggest you to
    generate one such diagram with PlantUML , then attach to BEP 5
    both the text script + the image , next embed it in the wiki page
    and finally update resources section accordingly , by including
    the following links (explained ;)
    * http://plantuml.sourceforge.net
    * http://www.plantuml.com/plantuml/
    * http://sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/plantuml.jar/download
    * http://sourceforge.net/projects/plantuml/files/PlantUML%20Language%20Reference%20Guide.pdf/download
  - Pay attention to answers below inline TODOs in BEP 5 body
  - Create a ticket for this particular feature (if no such things exists yet ;)
  - ... read below ... ;)

On 1/27/13, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
> Page "Proposals/BEP-0005" was changed by olemis
> Diff URL:
> <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0005?action=diff&version=6>
> Revision 6
> Comment: [BEP-0005] Improve Rationale section and compatibility TODO
> Changes:
> -------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<------8<--------
[...]
>  == Backwards Compatibility #backwards-compatibility
>
>  **TODO** verify if there is something needed here
> +**answer** yes , please list the possible targets in current code that are
> good candidates for upgrade and then sketch how to do it

briefly ;)

> by paying special
> attention to particularly challenging details involved in each case , if any
> .

i.e. no need to repeat neither the things you already explained nor
trivial corollaries

Thanks in advance .

--
Regards,