From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bloodhound i18n , translations , and alike ...
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:32:41 GMT
On 1/17/13, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> I'd like to see translations eventually, but I only have a poor
> understanding of what Trac translations entail or how Bloodhound would
> differ.

yes, it's a challenge for us ...
;)

> Just on point 5: I've learned that I'm not good at translating, even into
> German, so I'd like to rule myself out unless absolutely necessary.

Well , jftr , I was not actually saying that I'd perform the actual
translation but that I'd be preparing the field so that people
interested on the subject and willing to do so will succeed on their
efforts ... plus review

BTW ... ISO has launched standards for software development vocabulary
. Official versions are French and Spanish though national ISO
representatives translate them into many languages . There should be a
German version . I can tell that there are plenty of Spanish versions
, considering the fact that it is spoken by many people and there are
a lot of derivations and local idioms .

All that might help ;)

> I may be able to encourage an italian translator, but she's not technical
> and these instructions would scare her off:
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracL10N
>
> Is there any (more) straightforward explanation / process of translating
> Bloodhound?

We shall see ...

--
Regards,