From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Acct creation?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 03:50:11 GMT
On 1/2/13, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

[...]
>> A few points.
>>
>> 1) no email validation or captcha was required, that's a spam target.
>
> Ok this one I did get an email asking for verification, by this time though
> an
> acct is already created and I was allowed to login beforehand.

yes . user may login , but may not do anything else until token
verification is carried out successfully ...

> Perhaps the email + token verification should happen before being allowed
> to login for the first time?

... so afaict that won't hurt.
;)

PS: However , if you ask me , we should have captchas installed . At
least on account creation procedure *if* spam becomes an issue .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/