From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Acct creation?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 03:56:53 GMT
> On 2 January 2013 22:34, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

[...]
>> 3) Delete Account ? Really? - What happens to tickets assigned and/or
>> > created by a user if he can delete his/her own acct?
>> >    Personally I think that should be removed and placed in admin hands
>> only.
>>

> Perhaps I am missing the problem.. tickets associated with such a user as
> reporter, assignee, commenter and so on will retain the specified username.

yes . user will be mentioned in history books
;)

> I can't think of any huge issue around this at the moment but perhaps I am
> too tired at the moment to work out all the problems. The only problem I
> can think of right now is that old usernames might be reclaimable so that
> another user could pretend to be the previous owner of a username. So
> perhaps it would be better if usernames could not be reused unless an admin
> user creates an account.

I had never though about this kind of situations . AFAICR the system
refuses to create a user if it turns out to have any previous activity
. However , I don't recall now if that check involves just user
sessions table or is a bit more extensive .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/