From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing releases: where our users are
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:02:48 GMT
On 1/22/13, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Our Release Process Wiki currently only states that we should announce it on
> the Apache mailing lists:
>
> To: announce@apache.org, general@incubator.apache.org
> Cc: bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org
> I reckon we need to do more. We've had very little outside interest as far
> as I can tell.
>
> Our potential users and contributors may not listen to these lists at all,
> but they are active elsewhere on the 'net.
>
> I've had a few small successes getting people interested using Twitter
> (@apbloodhound), just announcing releases and asking for feedback really. I
> will continue to promote Bloodhound that way, and I'd be happy or someone
> else to chip in (I'll share the password with a person committed to
> helping).
>
> Release managers should have some responsibility in promoting releases in my
> opinion. Blogs/Forums/Mailing lists..
>
> What do others think? Do you have suggestions on where to promote Apache
> Bloodhound?

The most obvious place that comes into my mind is trac-users ML ...
but I don't whether that might considered *subversive* , spam-ish and
/ or inappropriate .

Beyond that I write articles for TuxInfo magazine (Argentina) . It's
published on a monthly frequency . Last article published in December
.

Other mags I am familiar with are :

  - The Python Papers (English language , Australia or New Zealand afaicr)
  - Programmez (French language, France)

Another approach could be python and similar mailing lists . I could
forward the announcements to python-es@... but I guess the third IPMC
vote for release in general@... should come first
;)

--