From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AccountManagerPlugin
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:21:22 GMT
On 1/8/13, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 3 January 2013 17:01, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
>> For now, I just wanted to list some of the features that are on the table
>> for upcoming releases, and give the Bloodhound community the chance to
>> comment on what might be most important to tackle for upcoming releases.
>> will consider focusing my efforts according to whatever feedback I
>> receive.

[...]
> There is one thing that I am missing from this list that should probably be
> number 1: Bloodhound multiproduct awareness

Accounts / users should be considered global resources , so ... Maybe
permission admin is a suitable target for multi-product awareness .
Nonetheless we don't even have a functional multi-product solution .

I'm not sure either of whether plugin maintainer will be keen to
include contributions aimed at a better integration with Apache™
Bloodhound . That might take a while (... or not ...) , and if so
«number 1» wouldn't be accurate .

IMO *at this moment* rjollos list has higher priority than
MP-compatibilty , because

  1. we don't have a functional multi-product solution yet ,
     and we should focus on building it and obtain something
     relatively stable , suitable to be released
  2. (1) will take a while ...
  3. items in rjollos list can be improved concurrently and
      consist in enhancements to the domain objects and logic .

Once we have a functional multi-product solution, well , that might change .

> I will look into both to get an idea what we want/need here.

Good .
:)

It'd be nice too if you could add something in BEP 3 , maybe here [1]_
or elsewhere .

.. [1] Per product permission scheme
        (https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/wiki/Proposals/BEP-0003#permissions)

--