From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User comments on ticket modification UI
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:34:55 GMT
On 1/17/13, Andrej Golcov <andrej@digiverse.si> wrote:
> I showed BH 0.4 UI to a friend of mine in order to get kind of user
> feedback.  My friend is familiar with other issue trackers and uses a
> few of them (mainly JIRA and Techexcel) on a daily basis.

Good .

[...]
>   - After user clicks "Modify ticket", Overview is active
>   - When user scrolls down to find "Submit" button all other options
> are active except "Modify ticket"

Modify Ticket section was removed so there's nothing anymore in the
page to highlight it . It used to be active , but now it's just a
command button .

Maybe we should pull it out of scroll spy nav and use Bootstrap btn-*
classes to make it more prominent ?

> -  Find summary edit field was not easy. User would expect that all
> edit fields would be located below spy scroll bar.

The current approach is the straightforward interpretation of
*in-place editing* . Otherwise what should happen with Summary field ?

> His suggestions for Modify Ticket mode:
>  - Move Submit/Save button on top of page, where Cancel is located
>  - Remove comments related staff.

So ... how would you submit field changes + comments ? I may be
missing something

> It is clear that ticket modification UI is in process of improvement.

+1 , and user feedback is important .

> But I think that it is worth sharing these comments with community.

+1

--
Regards,

Olemis.