From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pastebin service for apache.org domain
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:47:43 GMT
On 1/24/13, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> >>

>> Relatively transient test reports (i.e. like those I've been pasting
>> in my recent comments posted to i.a.o) , some may be long , install
>> logs illustrating failures, (maybe) sample code ... things like that .

[...]
> From my
> experience, I'd say it can also be useful for chat / IRC sessions.

+1 ... how could I forget that ? ;)

> The TracPastePlugin is pretty simple so far,

The first and most important enhancement needed to integrate it with
Bloodhound is an upgrade to the web UI ( IOW , compatibility with
Bootstrap ).

> but one feature I think would
> make it very valuable is the ability to have pastes expire (1).
[...]

+1 , this is useful ...

> When the "expire"
> feature is implemented, I'd like to have an option to prevent pastes that
> are linked to via TracLinks (or BloodhoundLinks ;) from expiring.

[...]

... as well as this . However IMO it is not so critical to get it done
«by tomorrow» . With time such things will be added .

> Having a feature like this could make Bloodhound more appealing to other
> open source projects too, even if it has to be installed as plugin (i.e.
> doesn't ship with the BH package).

There are other valid approaches too .

> Just demoing the feature on i.a.o, or
> perhaps adding the plugin to a list of plugins that we've tested with
> Bloodhound, could be valuable.

once it will be ready for Bloodhound ? YEAH !
:)

[...]

--
Regards,