From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Relaxing access control to the Bloodhound source
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:20:55 GMT
We made the change just a week or so ago, so yeah: no metrics yet.

Branko put it well: why not remove technical barriers. If an Allura dev
shows up with a patch/tweak, and we say "ooh. nice", then our devs merely
say +1 and the contributor commits. No ACL or LDAP changes. No patch
downloaded/applied. Just an email saying "thanks".

This is version control. Anything can be rolled back. I like to turn the
question around: why *should* we erect technical barriers? (yes, we still
have social barriers, and expect people to engage)

(obviously: +1 to the OP)

Cheers,
-g