From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Announcing releases: where our users are
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 20:53:40 GMT
Our Release Process Wiki currently only states that we should announce it on the Apache mailing
lists:

To: announce@apache.org, general@incubator.apache.org
Cc: bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org
I reckon we need to do more. We've had very little outside interest as far as I can tell.

Our potential users and contributors may not listen to these lists at all, but they are active
elsewhere on the 'net.

I've had a few small successes getting people interested using Twitter (@apbloodhound), just
announcing releases and asking for feedback really. I will continue to promote Bloodhound
that way, and I'd be happy or someone else to chip in (I'll share the password with a person
committed to helping).

Release managers should have some responsibility in promoting releases in my opinion. Blogs/Forums/Mailing
lists..

What do others think? Do you have suggestions on where to promote Apache Bloodhound?

Cheers,
Joe

--
Joe Dreimann