From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Improved search branch
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:10:32 GMT

Greg Stein <gstein@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Gary Martin
><gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 16/01/13 17:12, Greg Stein wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Gary Martin
><gary.martin@wandisco.com>

>Architecture
>it
>files

>branch
>functionality is

>provide
>>>
>>> Huh? For large or complicated features, what is wrong with a branch
>>> where we can observe the incremental progress?
>>>
>>> This is especially good for experiments, where it isn't certain the
>>> result will be accepted. At any point, we can simply say "darn.
>didn't
>>> work." and rm the branch with no effect to trunk.
>>>
>>> (in general, I prefer trunk for all *known-accepted* work)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -g
>>

>> Well, I was only referring to commit rights unless you know better!
>
>Commit rights are easy. He sends in an ICLA, we issue an account
>request, and in a few hours he'll have an account. And with our
>relaxed ACL, he'll be able to start work on the branch right away.
>
>Easy peasy.
>
>Cheers,
>-g

Yes, and my saying give us a little time was all that referred to. All I think I have missed
is whether Andrej has already submitted his ICLA.

But I still say that when this gets sorted out I would be happy for it to go into trunk. It
might be a bit of an experiment but it will get better exposure.

Cheers,
    Gary