From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Getting IPMC members to vote Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.4 (incubating)
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 20:14:37 GMT
On 23.01.2013 20:45, Joe Dreimann wrote:
> I don't know if it's allowed to combine both votes, but I'm in favour of it if it is.

It's not. IPMC procedures dictate that the project community shall do
everything necessary to produce an Apache release, then the IPMC will
review those results by means of a second release vote. The idea being
that as long as the project is a podling, it's learning the ropes.

Note that you wouldn't really gain much by going straight to the IPMC,
since that vote thread is initialized with existing mentor votes.

> In relation to the currently stalled voting, I'd like to propose Gary as a future IPMC
member. Is there a process for this?

As soon as he becomes an ASF member, he can also become an IPMC member.

> Also or alternatively, is there a process for recruiting further mentors? Or is it "simply"
a case of picking out potential mentors and asking them?

It's more or less a matter of asking on the IPMC. Really, though, this
project has enough active mentors, and relying on purely mentor votes
sounds like "cheating".

The proper way to avoid blocking on release votes is to graduate. :)
Which I believe this community is ready for. Except for the community
diversity issue, which you're all actively working on.

I know it's frustrating, but even though I'm typically prepared to cut
through a lot of red tape, I do feel that community diversity is
important. And we all know exactly how diverse this particular community is.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej