From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #323: Add support for custom hooks configurable through trac.ini
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:42:04 GMT
On 1/14/13 7:09 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 1/14/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> On 1/11/13 9:27 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>> On 1/11/13, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
> [...]
>> I'm aware of the configuration inheritance, the problem is that
>> inheritance by itself does not solve the issue. Let me try to elaborate
>> on the problem a bit more ;)
>>
> I kind of understand what you mean now . I'm of the idea that Trac's
> dispatch_request is not particularly useful for us . That's why I
> suggested in BEP 3 to get rid of it and override the dispatching
> system by generating our own deployment scripts , using our own entry
> points , etc ...
>
> ... about global.ini , well, I'm not sure right now what should I
> suggest about it .

For now, global hooks are executed directly from trac/__init__.py, at
least until we find a more suitable solution. The hooks that get
executed are hardcoded in trac/hooks.py, so there's currently no easy
way of disabling the monkey patching of trac.env.Environment and
trac.db.util.IterableCursor. We might revisit this at a later point in
time though.

Cheers,
Jure