From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Announcing releases: where our users are
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:06:44 GMT
Excellent. The suggested template for the announce message mentions the
Trac project and so I hope that it is appropriate for all places we
could want to announce it.

As for the twitter account, it might be nice if this was also something
that could effectively be done by a release manager. I'm not so much
thinking of sharing the account details (although it could be useful to
share those between more PPMC members just in case). I would probably
prefer to just be able to send an email or even get the message
automatically triggered by the announcement appearing on announce@

The wikipedia idea sounds good too - certainly worth investigation. I
would hope that copying the Trac entries and then updating as we
officially gain specific features should not be too controversial. The
guidelines for wikipedia discourage writing about anything you are
directly involved in - even so, it would probably be better not to hide
association of the project with such an addition.

Cheers,
     Gary

On 23/01/13 08:37, Joe Dreimann wrote:
> Ok, I will add trac-users@ to the list of places where we should announce releases.
>
> I was hoping to add some more places though. Ryan set up an Ohloh profile in the past
[1], which may help people stumble across Bloodhound. I will try and add it to the Wikepdia
page comparing ticketing systems [2] (it seems different enough to Trac in the features table).