From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject new KEYS scheme? (Was: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.4 (incubating))
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:29:29 GMT
On 15/01/13 06:22, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Branko ─îibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
> Can I count you as a binding vote?
>

>> Very nice. I see you remove trac/contrib when creating the tarball,
>> which is good. Installed in 5 minutes on my Mac, too.
>>
>> Only one nit: the release manager's PGP key is not in KEYS. Ryan, you
>> should add it; as far as I'm concerned it's OK to just fix the KEYS file
>> in the dist tree, since that won't be changing the packages or checksums
>> in any way.
>>
> Thanks, I will add my key. Gary had mentioned this might be needed. I'll
> also add a note to the Release Process wiki page about this.

Yeah, I vaguely remembered something about a new way of listing the
keys. Presumably, that is something to do with what this file:
https://people.apache.org/keys/group/bloodhound.asc

I don't know if there is a plan to make this even less work but I think
we could probably keep the KEYS file up to date by:

    wget -O KEYS https://people.apache.org/keys/group/bloodhound.asc

and committing any changes.

Does anyone know more about all this though? I didn't see any mention
about this in http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html so I am not
sure it is likely that new incubator projects will pick up on this.

Cheers,
     Gary