From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #323: Add support for custom hooks configurable through trac.ini
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:08:30 GMT
Currently, this (loading configured hooks) has been implemented just
before opening the environment within trac.web.main.dispatch_request
(when the environment & it's path is already known/resolved). The hook
paths are loaded from the selected environment's trac.ini and executed
appropriately.  As this is enough when processing requests within
already selected environment, it does not cover tests and other code
that might use trac.env.Environment and/or trac.db.IterableCursor (these
are the two classes that get replaced atm) out of the (selected)
environment request scope.

So I was playing with an idea to introduce global.ini (or boot.ini or
something like that) that would be located on a well-known location in
the installation tree (trac.env_parent_dir for example) and would hold
global (=common for all environments) settings (custom hooks for
starters). The question is where this configuration is supposed to be
loaded/processed. trac/__init__.py would be one place but I'm not sure
that's the right one :)

Any suggestions/comments on this?

Cheers,
Jure