From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Relaxing access control to the Bloodhound source
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 14:30:25 GMT
On 08.01.2013 11:28, Peter Koželj wrote:
> I guess the SVN's change probably isn't long enough to have any feedback on
> how well that works,
> but I do agree that this is an option worth trying. I guess we
> can always switch back if it does not work.

Correct on both counts.

I can however relate one data point in favour: Subversion has had a very
low bar to granting (partial!) commit access since long before it was an
ASF project. Anyone could request commit access to a branch and was
given it without a formal vote. Any full committer (these days, PMC
member) could give a contributor access to part of the source tree.
These partial access grants have never been enforced with actual
access-control restrictions, and in the 12+ years of Subversion's
history there have only been a very few cases of people committing
outside their designated area -- every one of them by accident, AFAICR.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej