From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Relaxing access control to the Bloodhound source
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2013 21:06:02 GMT
There was recently a long debate on the (private) members@ list about
lowering technical barriers for commit access. As a result, the
Subversion project has already changed its access control settings so
that any ASF committer can make changes to the Subversion source code.

I propose that Bloodhound does the same.

I have to point out that making this change would /not/ mean that
everyone has license to fiddle with the Bloodhound source code without
prior consent from the BH dev community. Project member status must
still be earned, but the proposed change means that contributions from
ASF committers would use up a lot less of the BH developers' time.

The proponents of this change are hoping that eventually, most of the
ASF projects will move to a more relaxed access control model.
Bloodhound, having a relatively small and homogeneous community, would
likely profit by lowering the bar for new contributors.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej