From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Acct creation?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2013 09:43:15 GMT
On 01.01.2013 00:14, Olemis Lang wrote:
> Apps menu serves to the purpose of controlling overflow of main nav
> items , which was a very frequent issue with Trac default theme . This
> is caused by the pluggable nature of Trac extensions able to
> contribute some types of navigation items

The problem is that important items get hidden away in Apps, and no-one
who doesn't know Bloodhound intimately knows what Apps means. IOW, both
the name and the prioritization are wrong.

So, if you want to keep it, you have to, IMO, do the following:

  * do not duplicate in Apps what's accessible from one of the
    navigation bars
  * do not leave in Apps important links (such as, e.g., Register)
  * do not call it Apps; I suppose, once the previous two conditions are
    met, the heading could be called "Plugins" or "Tools" or some
    similar, more obvious name.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej