From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:34:34 GMT
On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> What you are doing over there seems to be exactly like batch
>> modifications . isn't it better to reuse batch modification code in
>> query module and make the whole thing to look exactly like if logged
>> in user had selected target tickets , set product=new_product and
>> comment field set to something like «Renaming product XXX to YYY »?
>>

> I had studied the BatchModify class when starting that implementation and
> it looked like the BatchModify class would need some changes in order to
> directly utilize the it. The patch I've implemented does "make the whole
> thing to look exactly like if logged in user had selected target tickets",
> however I could see the advantage of code reuse from batch modify.
> Initially I dismissed this because I didn't want to dip into modifying the
> BatchModify class, but I will revisit this issue and post some comments to
> t.e.o ticket #4582 to see what the Trac developers have to say.

I've submitted a new patch which reuses code from the BatchModifyModule
class. I'll be interested to see what feedback the core developers have on
these changes. Please comments on that ticket if you have any suggestions
with regard to the implementation.

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/5658#comment:20