From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: #217 - Make Bloodhound's layout responsive
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:12:25 GMT
*Regarding point 1:* Bootstrap is making responsive styles non-optional in
the next release:

"*Responsive CSS is no longer separate.* All responsive features are now
compiled into the core bootstrap.cssfile. Separate files are no longer
required, and have thus been removed."
https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/pull/6342

There may be a very easy solution though: If viewport meta tag is missing,
at least iOS with retina screens (I tested this with an iPhone 4S, iOS 5 +
6) shows the standard layout of pages and doesn't apply responsive css.
The tag is: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,
initial-scale=1.0">
If this is also true for Android, we could just not add the meta tag to
pages to stop them from applying the responsive layout for smaller screens.
It's not pretty but it may work.

*Regarding point 2:* Yes, I can see that this may be an issue in the
future, but I can see other solutions for the specific case you raised. The
header of the activity macro that appears inside the sticky panel is
actually just the name at this point. What's in the right panel may be
different in other views too, such as the Wiki, Source or Custom Query
views. We need to come up with a way to refer to the name of that object in
the right panel as part of our documentation for 'Bloodhound-ready widgets'
anyway.

Cheers,
Joe

--