From Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Top 3rd party plugins
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:54:29 GMT
As for popular trac-hacks: Any measure you will come up with will
ultimately be imperfect, but popularity doesn't necessarily measure the
install base. Downloads and page hits are good indicator of popularity in
the sense that people will frequently look for those hacks and showing the
strongest commitment you can reliably measure: they download the hack. The
equivalent in e-commerce would be to buy the product.
Voting systems require users to have a secondary motive of voting (the
primary motive being visting the site / downloading the hack), and may be
an even less perfect measure for that reason.

As for voting being shipped in Bloodhound: -1

--
Joe Dreimann
*