From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Browser, HTML and JS support
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:59:05 GMT
On 3 December 2012 17:16, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/3/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> >> in some sense I'm one of the users often on non-JS mode since I have
> >> to disable JS from time to time to make web sites load faster ...
> >> considering the fact that sometimes my internet connection becomes a
> >> PITA , btw .
> >>

> > Interesting, how does disabling JS make site load faster? The only way I
> > imagine is by not loading some of the stuff? Which BH should serve you
> in a
> > different form anyway?
> >

> Good question . In two ways
>
>   1. Do not download js files
>       * Browser often have concurrent download limits
>         and won't start to download new files until active
>         downloads are finished
>       * if you have three tabs open e.g. in Opera they will be
>         competing for bandwidth
>   2. Do not block page rendering until js script is loaded
>   3. Do not perform multiple (AJAX or not) requests to
>       the server . Each request incurs in an extra penalty
>       at network layer level . This is one of the reasons why
>       optimization guidelines suggest to minify and merge
>       js, css files ... [citation needed]

As I said well designed and well implemented. Every single point from the
list is manageable if one knows what he is doing.
All JS files can be "compiled/minified" into a single one that can be
cache locally for a very long time. In JS you are also in charge how many
and to some extend when this requests are made and so on... There
is absolutely no need for a JS app to do more requests to the server then a
HTML one.