From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:08:52 GMT
For point 3 we can say it is in progress and showing first results (time
for 0.3 was significantly shorter than for 0.2) but we are not completely
there yet.

For point 2, from personal experience, it is not that bad. Setup was fairly
straightforward but I did miss some documentation on software
design/architecture and such. Actually Trac's are good enough and maybe we
should simply point to read-worthy pieces and add some of our own for BH
code.

I wouldn't mind if we take a bit more optimistic tone with the report :)

Peter

On 3 December 2012 18:59, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com>wrote:

> [...]
> the 'starter' tag).
>
> Getting people to use the software is the biggest issue I see. That's the
> only way we'll increase diversity too, as Brane pointed out before. The
> lack of a demo instance for us to show people interested in using it how it
> works would be my number 2 issue.
>
> - Joe
>

> On 3 December 2012 17:53, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks for the patience. I'll put the following on the incubator wiki
> > shortly to use as a starting point for our report:
> >

> > Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of
> making
> > deployment easy, and usage intuitive.
> >
> > Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.
> >
> > The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation
> > are:
> >
> >   1. Improve community diversity
> >   2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
> >   3. Establish a frequent release cycle
> >
> > Since the last report, Bloodhound has gone through two release votes. The
> > problems highlighted in the September report, regarding the use of an
> > external
> > site for the download of some of the dependencies, have been largely
> > solved by
> > working with their maintainers to ensure that their packages are
> available
> > through a standard location (pypi).
> >
> > Releases themselves are beginning to become a little more routine
> although
> > the
> > time between the initiation of the vote for release of 0.2.0 and the
> > subsequent announcement of the result was of concern.
> >
> > Three new committers have been added to the project and they have driven
> > considerable conversation on the mailing lists in a relatively short
> time.
> > The
> > barriers to contributors appear to have been reduced but progress in this
> > area
> > needs to be consolidated with improvements to documentation to help
> > potential
> > contributors.
> >

> > On 03/12/12 12:39, Gary Martin wrote:
> >
> >> The reports that Joe pointed out were good:
> >>
> >>     For inspiration, our two most recent reports can be found here:
> >>     http://wiki.apache.org/****incubator/September2012<
> http://wiki.apache.org/**incubator/September2012>
> >> <http:/**/wiki.apache.org/incubator/**September2012<
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2012>
> >> >
> >>     http://wiki.apache.org/****incubator/June2012<
> http://wiki.apache.org/**incubator/June2012>
> >> <http://**wiki.apache.org/incubator/**June2012<
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/June2012>
> >> >

> >> There is a Bloodhound report embedded in each of those.
> >>
> >> It is quite possible for one of us to write it and then for others to
> >> modify it with additional details. I'll be very happy to start it off if
> >> nobody else has started work on it within a few hours.

How

> through

> http://wiki.apache.org/**incubator/September2012>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/September2012>