From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject [BEP-0003] Misc questions
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 12:05:32 GMT
I am looking if I can help with this in some way. I admin I have
not followed this BEP too closely so I am doing some rereading.
Here are a couple of a bit late questions:

o Product routes

1. Is Trac's built in URL routing not powerful enough to accomplish this?
2. Can we do this in a way that leaves room to have product selection UI
elements that do not depend on URL's?

o Database schema changes

1. Can we be exact with altered table list?
2. Something that we might forgot: What about 3rd party plugin tables that
reference multiproductized Trac tables?
    Will probably need to proclaim these incompatible when more than one
product is in effect?

o Administration commands

This implies that we will have two different modes of operation (multi
product and single product) which will have to be chosen at
installation? Is this necessary? I can imagine users will start with single
product because it will be perceived simpler but will have additional work
to do when the need for second product arises.

o Product resources namespaces

I remember there have been some debates on this a few weeks ago and it
seems this sections does not reflect them or any consensus if there was one.

o Per product repository

Maybe many-to-many? There are all sorts of things out there in the wild.
But probably not common enough to warren phase 1.

Regards,
Peter