From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Source browser (pending tasks) WAS: Abandoned tickets
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 22:54:54 GMT
> On 18/12/12 13:13, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
>> On 18 December 2012 08:32, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:

[...]
>>> o #156: Waiting for Apache Infra, does this really deserve "critical"
>>> priority?
>>>
>> I would argue that yes, it's critical for improving our development
>> environment.

Yes . Incredibly critical I'd rather say .

>> It's also worrying that we haven't had movement on this in
>> four months, and the ticket is almost six months old.
[...]
> As far as I am concerned this is very important for
> us. I guess you don't know what you are missing if you are not used to
> it being there.

I do have been using source browser since long time ago and the one
shipped with 0.x releases up to this point is terribly broken . These
tickets are exactly for improving the situation

https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/query?status=!closed&keywords=~vcs

What about raising their priority to critical ?

Anyway , even after applying these much more needs to improved ,
including but not limited to : UX , navigation paths ,
repository-specific enhancements .

> For a start, all the r[commit number] comments in
> tickets will spring into usefulness.

oh yes !
Add that in front to the list
;)

> Getting the repository browser in
> everyday use will also begin to feed back into improvements we can make
> to it.

definitely right !

--
Regards,