From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser, HTML and JS support
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:16:00 GMT
On 12/3/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> in some sense I'm one of the users often on non-JS mode since I have
>> to disable JS from time to time to make web sites load faster ...
>> considering the fact that sometimes my internet connection becomes a
>> PITA , btw .
>>

> Interesting, how does disabling JS make site load faster? The only way I
> imagine is by not loading some of the stuff? Which BH should serve you in a
> different form anyway?

Good question . In two ways

  1. Do not download js files
      * Browser often have concurrent download limits
        and won't start to download new files until active
        downloads are finished
      * if you have three tabs open e.g. in Opera they will be
        competing for bandwidth
  2. Do not block page rendering until js script is loaded
  3. Do not perform multiple (AJAX or not) requests to
      the server . Each request incurs in an extra penalty
      at network layer level . This is one of the reasons why
      optimization guidelines suggest to minify and merge
      js, css files ... [citation needed]

JFTR

--
Regards,