From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Browser, HTML and JS support
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 16:24:31 GMT
On 12/3/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 3 December 2012 13:40, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> On 03/12/12 09:43, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>>
>>> DESKTOP BROWSER ("official" support)

>>> should concentrate on 80/20 approach in order to survive e.g. get user
>>> base.
>>>
>>> If we take browser statistic ([1] and [2]), we get: Chrome, FF, IE on
>>> Win
>>> and (optionally) OSX .
>>> [1]
>>> http://www.w3schools.com/**browsers/browsers_stats.asp<http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp>
>>> [2]
>>> http://www.w3schools.com/**browsers/browsers_os.asp<http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp>
>>
>> I can live with the limit on 'official' support to the original set
>> stated
>> by Peter. It seems to me that, in relation to issues associated with
>> browsers outside the official set, this implies:
>>
>> 1. patches may be submitted to fix bugs associated with any OS/browser
>>    combination but such patches must not compromise the officially
>>    supported set.
>> 2. tickets for bugs that are identified as only affecting browsers
>>    outside the supported set are likely to be reduced in priority and
>>    moved out of the release milestones.
>>

>> Is this good enough for everyone?

Ok . I'll be submitting patches for Opera since , in practice , it's
the most performant under my circumstances . Firefox is too slow ,
Chrome is slow (not like Firefox but still is) and is lacking many
features I need ... and MSIE + Safari are not available on GNU/Linux .

Hope you don't mind .

--
Regards,

Olemis.