From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: #217 - Make Bloodhound's layout responsive
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:19:43 GMT
On 12/20/12, Matevz Bradac <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Joachim Dreimann
> <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> *Regarding point 1:* Bootstrap is making responsive styles non-optional
>> in
>> the next release:
>>
>> "*Responsive CSS is no longer separate.* All responsive features are now
>> compiled into the core bootstrap.cssfile. Separate files are no longer
>> required, and have thus been removed."
>> https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/pull/6342
>>
>> There may be a very easy solution though: If viewport meta tag is
>> missing,
>> at least iOS with retina screens (I tested this with an iPhone 4S, iOS 5
>> +
>> 6) shows the standard layout of pages and doesn't apply responsive css.
>> The tag is: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,
>> initial-scale=1.0">
>> If this is also true for Android, we could just not add the meta tag to
>> pages to stop them from applying the responsive layout for smaller
>> screens.
>> It's not pretty but it may work.
>
> My main concern was the difference in layout between the current template
> and
> the mockup.

Yes . Based on my previous experience I can say that mockups are just
that : the reference to work towards . Nonetheless when it comes to
actually translating those on top of Trac+Bloodhound business objects
and models , sometimes it's hard or impossible to find the perfect
match . But well , that's what we are here for , to find the exact
point in between making everything work and preserve the Ā«spiritĀ» of
the mockup ;)

> If the layout can be made generic enough, then this is
> definitely
> something to consider.

+1

>> *Regarding point 2:* Yes, I can see that this may be an issue in the
>> future, but I can see other solutions for the specific case you raised.
>> The
>> header of the activity macro that appears inside the sticky panel is
>> actually just the name at this point. What's in the right panel may be
>> different in other views too, such as the Wiki, Source or Custom Query
>> views. We need to come up with a way to refer to the name of that object
>> in
>> the right panel as part of our documentation for 'Bloodhound-ready
>> widgets'
>> anyway.
>
> Agreed. For this specific widget we could do a workaround for now, and
> perhaps extend the widgets in general should the need arise.

FWIW , I was thinking of making it generic . IOW to leverage widgets
architecture for better integration with Bootstrap affix plugin , thus
providing a single potential solution reused for every widget .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/