From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 14:29:16 GMT
> On 03/12/12 22:54, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 12/3/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>> For point 3 ...
>> [...]
>>
>> btw , will we release a new version in December ?
>
> I am certainly hoping that we will.

good !
:)

>>> For point 2, from personal experience, it is not that bad. Setup was
>>> fairly
>>> straightforward but I did miss some documentation on software
>>> design/architecture and such. Actually Trac's are good enough and maybe
>>> we
>>> should simply point to read-worthy pieces and add some of our own for BH
>>> code.
>>>
>> two suggestions :
>>
>> 1. add the wiki page in #139 to i.a.o
>
> It would naturally go in on release of 0.4.

ok

> I suppose we could have a
> section in the wiki for upcoming documentation or the documentation of
> upcoming features.

Interesting . Maybe that's what BEP are for , but if there is a need
for something different than that , I think it's ok .

>> 2. mention the work we started on BEPs as a means to gather
>>      community consensus and eventually also being a reference,
>>      and documentation of major changes .
>
> So to meet this suggestion I could append something like the following
> to the final paragraph:
>
> Along these lines, the project has added a number of enhancement proposal
> pages to the wiki that are intended to reflect the decisions made on the
> project's dev mailing list, reducing the need to be aware of all previous
> discussion for newcomers.

"One such proposal documents how the community will work on tickets
submitted to the issue tracker. As a consequence in a few minutes new
contributors will understand our workflow and the reasons we
considered to install it ."

... more or less ... please improve .
;)

--