From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #115: Product-specific settings
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:26:05 GMT
On 12/19/12, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

>  I'll be developing this in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-mq my
>  patch queue @ Bitbucket] in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-
>  mq/commits/all/tip/branch(%22t115_product_env%22) branch t115_product_env]

Today I have submitted new versions of these patches (in branch
t115_product_env ) aimed at running tests for Trac environments
against product environments .

Important observations :

  - Global environment's config object is reused for the moment.
    #115 is exactly about adding product-specific settings so I'll
    move forward that way .
  - NotImplementedError raised for DB methods . The reason for
    doing this is that these methods (i.e. get_db_cnx ,
    with_transaction , get_read_db , db_query , db_transaction)
    are the exact locations where jure's SQL proxies should be
    installed , so I leave that to Jure ;)
  - Product environment will not participate in environment
    setup / upgrade because global environment is the one
    responsible for such tasks . Setup participants list will
    always be empty in product scope . Further enhancements
    needed in there though , especially when deciding what
    components will be enabled / disabled .

Many enhancements and tests needed . Consider this an early preview
with some initial testing code in place ;)

BTW

{{{
#!sh

$ /path/to/python /path/to/bloodhound_multiproduct/tests/env.py
E.
ERROR: Testing env.get_known_users
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/path/to/trac/tests/env.py", line 30, in test_get_known_users
    with self.env.db_transaction as db:
  File "/path/to/bloodhound_multiproduct/multiproduct/env.py", line
342, in db_transaction
    raise NotImplementedError
NotImplementedError

Ran 2 tests in 6.919s