From Matevz Bradac <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: #217 - Make Bloodhound's layout responsive
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 20:20:29 GMT
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Joachim Dreimann
<joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> *Regarding point 1:* Bootstrap is making responsive styles non-optional in
> the next release:
>
> "*Responsive CSS is no longer separate.* All responsive features are now
> compiled into the core bootstrap.cssfile. Separate files are no longer
> required, and have thus been removed."
> https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/pull/6342
>
> There may be a very easy solution though: If viewport meta tag is missing,
> at least iOS with retina screens (I tested this with an iPhone 4S, iOS 5 +
> 6) shows the standard layout of pages and doesn't apply responsive css.
> The tag is: <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width,
> initial-scale=1.0">
> If this is also true for Android, we could just not add the meta tag to
> pages to stop them from applying the responsive layout for smaller screens.
> It's not pretty but it may work.
My main concern was the difference in layout between the current template and
the mockup. If the layout can be made generic enough, then this is definitely
something to consider.

> *Regarding point 2:* Yes, I can see that this may be an issue in the
> future, but I can see other solutions for the specific case you raised. The
> header of the activity macro that appears inside the sticky panel is
> actually just the name at this point. What's in the right panel may be
> different in other views too, such as the Wiki, Source or Custom Query
> views. We need to come up with a way to refer to the name of that object in
> the right panel as part of our documentation for 'Bloodhound-ready widgets'
> anyway.
Agreed. For this specific widget we could do a workaround for now, and
perhaps extend the widgets in general should the need arise.

Thanks,
--
matevz