From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Acct creation?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:01:48 GMT
On 31.12.2012 08:47, Olemis Lang wrote:
> fwiw ... If not logged in then there should be a link with caption
> «Register» under Apps drop down menu . However I'm of the opinion that
> we have to provide more visibility for it .

Hear hear. Carefully taking my mentor hat off and hiding it away in a
corner ... ok, have my potential user's hat on now:

    That Apps dropdown is the silliest idea I've ever seen on a badly
    designed web-page in a month of Mondays.

Whew, that felt good. :)

Now to put it more diplomatically: users will very likely not expect to
find interesting top-level links (such as Register, or New Ticket, etc.)
hidden away inside a dropdown with an obscure name that I've never seen
anywhere else on the Web. I'll note that Trac follows the common
convention of exposing these links, and even Bloodhound duplicates
/most/ of them on the dashboard. Why can I, for example, see Search and
Create Ticket and Logout and Preferences, but not Register and
Notifications?

I think it would be no bad thing if the Apps dropdown just went away.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej