From Jure Zitnik <j...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #115: Product-specific settings
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:21:39 GMT
Hi Olemis,

On 12/20/12 10:26 PM, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 12/19/12, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>>   I'll be developing this in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-mq my
>>   patch queue @ Bitbucket] in [https://bitbucket.org/olemis/bloodhound-
>>   mq/commits/all/tip/branch(%22t115_product_env%22) branch t115_product_env]
>>
> Today I have submitted new versions of these patches (in branch
> t115_product_env ) aimed at running tests for Trac environments
> against product environments .

Great, will take a look. One observation though - I noticed that the
patches are against the trunk, any chance of rebasing those patches
against the multiproduct branch (bep_0003_multiproduct)? Would make the
patch process much easier.
> Important observations :
>
>    - Global environment's config object is reused for the moment.
>      #115 is exactly about adding product-specific settings so I'll
>      move forward that way .
>    - NotImplementedError raised for DB methods . The reason for
>      doing this is that these methods (i.e. get_db_cnx ,
>      with_transaction , get_read_db , db_query , db_transaction)
>      are the exact locations where jure's SQL proxies should be
>      installed , so I leave that to Jure ;)

;)

>    - Product environment will not participate in environment
>      setup / upgrade because global environment is the one
>      responsible for such tasks . Setup participants list will
>      always be empty in product scope . Further enhancements
>      needed in there though , especially when deciding what
>      components will be enabled / disabled .
>
> Many enhancements and tests needed . Consider this an early preview
> with some initial testing code in place ;)

If there's something I can help you with (re #115) just let me know, I
can pick that up after getting the SQL proxy integrated.

Cheers,
Jure