From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject i.a.o/bloodhound data as fixture for testing?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 13:12:36 GMT
Hi,

The work I did yesterday for a basic way of loading and dumping data was
with the view to helping developers work with more realistic data.

So, before I do anything too rash, would it make sense for us to use the
database from issues.apache.org/bloodhound as a fixture?

Perhaps with the exception of some entries in the permission table, I
don't think there is anything much that is unavailable through the site
itself with anonymous permissions so I don't *think* that there would be
any sensitive data to worry about. It seems worth a sanity check anyway
to see if I have missed anything.

If that works for everyone, I don't intend to provide attachments as
part of the fixtures yet. If, for example, you eventually wanted to test
how the new search components are doing with the searching within
attachments (assuming that this is something we would want to be able to
do), this would not yet provide for that. Also, there will clearly be
actual errors associated with the missing files. Also, I am only likely
to keep permissions for the anonymous, authenticated and the 'admin'
user who will get TRAC_ADMIN permissions but that should be fairly easy
for developers to sort out.

So, any concerns?

Cheers,
     Gary