From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Dec 2012 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 17:53:04 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the patience. I'll put the following on the incubator wiki
shortly to use as a starting point for our report:

Bloodhound is an issue tracker derivative of Trac, with the goal of making
deployment easy, and usage intuitive.

Bloodhound has been incubating since December 2011.

The top three issues that need to be addressed to move toward graduation
are:

   1. Improve community diversity
   2. Lowering the barrier to entry and development
   3. Establish a frequent release cycle

Since the last report, Bloodhound has gone through two release votes. The
problems highlighted in the September report, regarding the use of an
external
site for the download of some of the dependencies, have been largely
solved by
working with their maintainers to ensure that their packages are available
through a standard location (pypi).

Releases themselves are beginning to become a little more routine
although the
time between the initiation of the vote for release of 0.2.0 and the
subsequent announcement of the result was of concern.

Three new committers have been added to the project and they have driven
considerable conversation on the mailing lists in a relatively short
time. The
barriers to contributors appear to have been reduced but progress in
this area
needs to be consolidated with improvements to documentation to help
potential
contributors.