From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Browser, HTML and JS support
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 12:40:54 GMT
On 03/12/12 09:43, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>>> DESKTOP BROWSER ("official" support)
>>> - Google Chrome on Windows and OSX
>>> - Mozilla Firefox  on Windows and OSX
>> + Opera ;)
>> ... and add GNU/Linux to OS list ... preferably Ubuntu .
>>> - IE on Windows
> I would strongly agree with Branko that, currently, Bloodhound effort
> should concentrate on 80/20 approach in order to survive e.g. get user base.
>
> If we take browser statistic ([1] and [2]), we get: Chrome, FF, IE on Win
> and (optionally) OSX .
> [1] http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
> [2] http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_os.asp
>
> Regards, Andrej

I can live with the limit on 'official' support to the original set
stated by Peter. It seems to me that, in relation to issues associated
with browsers outside the official set, this implies:

 1. patches may be submitted to fix bugs associated with any OS/browser
    combination but such patches must not compromise the officially
    supported set.
 2. tickets for bugs that are identified as only affecting browsers
    outside the supported set are likely to be reduced in priority and
    moved out of the release milestones.

Is this good enough for everyone?

In terms of rendering engines, we will effectively be supporting WebKit,
Gecko and Trident so, unless there is any major discrepancies between
implementations of the cross platform engines across their platforms, we
should have good coverage overall.

Cheers,
     Gary