From Branko ─îibej <>
Subject Re: Browser, HTML and JS support
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 06:28:40 GMT
On 03.12.2012 00:40, Olemis Lang wrote:
> ... thus I won't try to influence your decision about non-JS support anymore .

Just to be clear, it's not my decision. I'm only a mentor, not a
developer, and as such have no vote in these kinds of decisions.

I do however feel responsible for the project, which is why I'm arguing
so loudly for what I believe is the right thing to do. If the bloodhound
dev community decides otherwise, I won't stand in your way.

> My best guess at the reason for this is that it's /hard/ to write a
> Javascript-less fallback for a good UI. The 80/20 rule would certainly
> apply.
> Nonetheless if we are going to see Atlassian as a reference , just
> know that I am not fond of their (recent?) decisions to turn
> functional software into beautiful but useless tools .

Ha. :)

> FWIW I hope you'll understand why I second previous comments posted by
> Gary and Joachim , and also that this does not mean that I think you
> are wrong . Probably we are just looking at the same subject from a
> different perspective .

Certainly. And I'm not arguing with you, presonally; I'm arguing against
what I think is, effectively, harmful premature optimization.

-- Brane

Branko ─îibej
Director of Subversion | WANdisco |

View raw message