From Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreim...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Acct creation?
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2012 10:10:48 GMT
On 31 Dec 2012, at 08:47, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/30/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 31/12/12 00:05, Gavin McDonald wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> Nothing on the login page to let me create a new acct and I see no link to
>>> create acct page.
>
> I'd like to mention that this is a very common request I get from users .
>
>>> Clues please ?
>
> fwiw ... If not logged in then there should be a link with caption
> Ā«RegisterĀ» under Apps drop down menu . However I'm of the opinion that
> we have to provide more visibility for it .

I agree that it needs more visibility. The link to Login should really be called "Login /
Register" in my opinion and be in the Meta nav.

The Apps (or More) drop down is not a place people would expect this in my opinion so we should
remove it from there.

The login page should then either provide a link to the registration form (poor but quick)
or show the actual registration form next to the login form in a visually distinct way.

- Joe