From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Whitelabeling: Notifications (Was: Re: White-labeling and "detracifying")
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:40:46 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 3:54 AM, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:

> [...]
> > > 2. Use the configuration for labeling in generated content (email
> > > notifications) configurable
> > >

> > What are the options available now to get similar things done ?
> >

> So, thinking about this again and looking into the Trac notification
> configuration there is not much added value to bring in whitelabaling for
> this.
>
> The only thing that could be done is to replace the Trac mail headers with
> BH (whitelabeld) ones, but this
> would again change the Trac code in a way that we will not be able to push
> back to Trac project.
>
> I will open a Ticket so we do not forget about it, but would only consider
> executing it if (when) we start treating Trac code with patches instead of
> full source repo with manual merging.

The other possibility is to try to add the whitelabeling support you need
to the AnnouncerPlugin (1), which I've been involved in developing and
could help with. There is a long standing proposal to integrate
AnnouncerPlugin into the Trac core, which has led to almost no movement on
further developing the Trac notification system, and patches such as the
one I tried to push earlier this week (2) typically don't get integrated.
However, discussion on integrating the AnnouncerPlugin has picked up again
(3), so it may get integrated to the Trac core in an upcoming release, and
it may be easier to get the whitelabeling support added before integration.

That said, I don't really understand how Trac or the AnnouncerPlugin would
need to be changed to support whitelabeling, so some specifics might help
me with that.

(1) http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AnnouncerPlugin
(2) http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2311
(3)