From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 17:20:12 GMT
On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> What you are doing over there seems to be exactly like batch
> modifications . isn't it better to reuse batch modification code in
> query module and make the whole thing to look exactly like if logged
> in user had selected target tickets , set product=new_product and
> comment field set to something like «Renaming product XXX to YYY »?

I had studied the BatchModify class when starting that implementation and
it looked like the BatchModify class would need some changes in order to
directly utilize the it. The patch I've implemented does "make the whole
thing to look exactly like if logged in user had selected target tickets",
however I could see the advantage of code reuse from batch modify.
Initially I dismissed this because I didn't want to dip into modifying the
BatchModify class, but I will revisit this issue and post some comments to
t.e.o ticket #4582 to see what the Trac developers have to say.