From Joachim Dreimann <>
Subject Re: Bloodhound online demos
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:23:36 GMT

I sorted my initial list in order of priority as I see it for demo

1. latest stable build
2. latest nightly build
3. next upcoming release

If we can do only the first for now, I'm still happy. I feel that the
second would be a great aid to our development process too though.

On 26 November 2012 11:50, Gary Martin <> wrote:

> Hi,
> I think running demos on our main VM may not be appropriate but I gather
> it should be possible to get a VM for demoing use. I assume that we are all
> happy with this part. I don't know if there will be a limit to the number
> of demos we should run yet.
> Cheers,
>     Gary
> On 29/10/12 18:44, Gary Martin wrote:
>> It would be good to know if we would be able to see demo instances
>> running on our vm.
>> For a nightly build we probably want the instance building from scratch
>> so that the base experience is correct. Here initial state should probably
>> be created by making testing fixtures. There is a reasonable chance these
>> will be kept up to date if they are also useful for the development and
>> testing processes.
>> Any longer term demos can probably reset themselves with a cronjob to
>> roll back to some known state.
>> I am not sure that I want to see too much tracking of users but as the
>> activity of these instances is likely to be public, we might be able to
>> make some use of that. Would that be enough for our needs?
>> Cheers,
>>      Gary
>> Joachim Dreimann <**> wrote:
>>  Hi all,
>>> I'd really like to see some online demo instances for Bloodhound for
>>> users
>>> to play with. Three types of instances would be most interesting in my
>>> opinion:
>>> 1. latest stable build
>>> 2. latest nightly build
>>> 3. next upcoming release
>>> These should all contain some sample data and reset back to that sample
>>> state once every night, partly to combat spam but also so user
>>> experiences
>>> don't diverge too much over time.
>>> I would also like to use the opportunity to gather some relevant,
>>> anonymous
>>> data on how people use the Bloodhound demos so that we can make more of
>>> our
>>> design decisions on actual evidence.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Joe