From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #110: Use product prefix in ticket queries
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:27:08 GMT
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Apache Bloodhound <
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> #110: Use product prefix in ticket queries
> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  olemis        |      Owner:  gjm
>       Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  closed
>  Component:  multiproduct  |    Version:
> Resolution:  fixed         |   Keywords:  ticket query product custom field
> ---------------------------+-----------------------------------------------
> Changes (by gjm):
>
>  * status:  assigned => closed
>  * resolution:   => fixed
>

> Comment:
>
>  r1404931 adds the possibility of trac referring to a field other than the
>  resource.name
>
>  r1404932 changes the field that tickets use to refer to products from name
>  to prefix - this includes a database migration for any tickets that are
>  already using products

I wanted to discuss model changes together with multiproduct features
and enhancements:
If we are putting the product prefix in search and/or url, we would need to
make sure reports and url for a ticket do not break if ticket is moved to
another product. This can no longer be solved by a simple many-to-one
relationship.