From Andrej Golcov <and...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Improved Search Architecture - Query Results View and Resource Query (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0004 added)
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 21:51:46 GMT
> IMO when a user searches for something , (s)he might not know where
> exactly to find it but have a fuzzy idea . IMO we should consider
> having multiple selections via checkboxes rather than tabs .
If user does exactly know what resource (s)he is searching, "All" tab is
used where query can be edited to show only tickets and milestones.
IMHO, user usually knows what type (s)he needs (I believe, most of search
is for tickets) and ,IMO, tabs make things easier and less confusing.

Each tab has it's own fields set. Combination of checkboxes and different
grids can confuse.

> what is the reason for using tables and columns to display search results
?
The idea is that we combine free-text search and query. If we want to
provide readable query result it can be possible to represent it as
table.  It is aslo consistent to existing TracQuery result view.

> Is there any other search engine considered as a reference ?
jira and youtrack return kind of table fro free text-search result.

Regards, Andrej