From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Bloodhound Enhancement Proposals wiki docs hierarchy WAS: Multi product enhancements
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 23:34:39 GMT
On 11/7/12, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/7/12, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
[...]
> Nonetheless in advance
> I suggest to summarize this discussion in the form of a wiki page we
> all can edit , and discuss each change @ bh-dev . Fact is that often
> it's hard to know what's the actual shape of some feature by reading
> discussions taking place at the ML ... that's what the wiki page is
> for .

Ok . I'll be writing an inital draft of a proposal for multi products
architecture that will be the foundation to get that done , once many
of us will express our opinions and enhance it in such a manner that a
bunch of relevant issues might be identified in advance . That will
allow us to see the big picture (the most of it ;) , summarize the
latest state and evolution of proposed enhanced , and ensure we work
on the right direction .

This is what I plan to create (BEP = Bloodhound Enhancement Proposal
... not Black Eyed Peas ... :P ) .

  1. Wiki and ReST templates for writing BEPs .
      Initially I'm thinking of a modified version of
      PEP 9 [1]_ and PEP 12 [2]_
  2. Wiki page for BEP introduction / overview
      somehow like PEP 1 [3]_ , PEP 9 [1]_ and PEP 12 [2]_ and
  3. Numerical Index , like in PEP 0 [4]_
  4. Index by category , like in PEP 0 [4]_

I'll remove and update many parts of these PEPs to adequate resulting
text to our current conditions (e.g. we won't have a community member
acting as BEP editor , etc , etc ...) .

Any comments ?

.. [1] Sample Plaintext PEP Template
       (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0009/)

.. [2] Sample reStructuredText PEP Template
       (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0012/)

.. [3] PEP Purpose and Guidelines
       (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0001/)

.. [4] Index of Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs)
       (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/)

--
Regards,

Olemis.