From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improved Search Architecture - Query Results View and Resource Query (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0004 added)
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 20:47:53 GMT
On 11/22/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On 22 November 2012 19:19, Joachim Dreimann
> <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com>wrote:
[...]
>> > http://searchhub.org/2009/09/02/faceted-search-with-solr/>)
>> status
>> > >>>>>

>> > +1
>> >
>> > Nonetheless I'd prefer checkboxes rather than tabs , in order to
>> > choose multiple options (e.g. tickets and changesets ...) .
>> >
>> > What d'u think ?
>>
>> I missed that point earlier. Yes, I also prefer checkboxes over tabs for
>> the extra flexibility they give to multi-select. I would have expected to
>> be able to select multiple facets to show too.
>>
>> - Joe
>>
> Changing the tab also changes the columns displayed (based on what that
> resource supports).
> But we can do that with checkboxes as well (show intersection of columns)
> so maybe why not.
>
> At the end it comes down to what do you need more often.
> If we can come up with a way so that one does not need two clicks every
> time to switch from tickets to wikis for example,
> I welcome the idea.

IMO when a user searches for something , (s)he might not know where
exactly to find it but have a fuzzy idea . IMO we should consider
having multiple selections via checkboxes rather than tabs .

btw

what is the reason for using tables and columns to display search results ?
Is there any other search engine considered as a reference ?