From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject [BEP-0004] Sarch hits overlay
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 17:28:50 GMT
I mentioned this on IRC channel ...

> (10:35:26 AM) olemis: I have two other suggestions regarding BEP 4
> (10:35:34 AM) olemis: now that I notice ...
> (10:36:31 AM) olemis: 1.

... not a good idea ... as far as it seems ... thus omitted

> (10:39:27 AM) olemis: 2. ... I forgot ... :-/

... but I recalled later ...

> (12:11:03 PM) olemis: fwiw ... now I recall the second idea I had regarding BEP 4
> (12:12:18 PM) olemis: 2. when navigating from search results (list) page to the target
resource or view
> (12:12:50 PM) olemis: there should be an indicator control highlighting the matches found
within that page
> (12:13:57 PM) olemis: something like this http://media.smashingmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/4.18_Expedia_and_Target1.jpg
> (12:14:05 PM) olemis: the screenshot to the left

... enhanced with simple navigation controls

  - Current hit indicator , in certain way like Bootstrap scroll spy
  - Next & previous match navigation links

This combined with direct links to page anchors listed in free text
search results will provide a good user experience .

What d'u think ?

PS: Anchors listed in search results pages may be included as ┬źnice to
have┬╗ feature

Below I pasted an excerpt of Google's SERP

{{{

JIRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JIRAShare
JIRA 3] is a proprietary issue tracking product, developed by
Atlassian, commonly used for bug tracking, issue tracking, and project
management. The product ...
License - History - Architecture - Adoption
}}}

The four links at the bottom point to specific locations inside that
page . That's what I mean .
;)

--
Regards,