From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:36:54 GMT
On 11/15/12, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 15.11.2012 16:33, Peter Koželj wrote:
>> Maybe I misunderstood how this BEP thing should work.
>> I think that the only correct way of doing this that conforms with Apache
>> rules would be to discuss things on ML first. BEP is a nice add-on but
>> can
>> not be anything more then a summary of a ML discussion.

Well , in draft mode not necessarily . Draft proposals are work in
progress so they may be all wrong , and even rejected outright or
after some discussion. A Final BEP **MUST** actually include **ONLY**
what's been agreed upon on the ML , but e.g. diagrams, pictures, mind
maps, as well as very specific details might not reach the ML at all .
the discussion about them , well definitely yes.
;)

>> Could be that my interpretation of the ML role is a bit too "strict" :)
>
> The mailing list is the preferred discussion forum, sure. Which does not
> imply that ideas and drafts should never appear anywhere else.

I agree . It is hard to understand a proposal and see it as a whole by
putting all the parts together while reading ML discussion threads ,
without knowing whether something is ok or not . That's what proposals
are for . To see the subject as a whole .
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.